The Merry Mill is a family run company based in Vickerstown, Co. Laois. They have a range of gluten free oats and flours - some of which are organic. There is the option to use their Overnight Oats in this recipe instead, which have the extra addition of chia seeds, sunflower seeds and flax seeds. We understand why this has been deemed 'the best bread recipe with oats' - so i'll let you see why for yourself.
400g The Merry Mill Gluten Free Porridge Oats
500g pot of plain yogurt
2tsp baking soda
4 tbsp milk
2 tbsp sunflower oil
Optional: Brazilian nuts
1. Preheat your oven to 180C
2. Add your baking soda to the yogurt
3. Add The Merry Mill Gluten Free Porridge Oats
4. In a bowl, add the yogurt mix and the rest of your ingredients and mix well
5. Pour the mixture into your loaf tin
6. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes
7. Remove the loaf from the tin, strip the baking paper and return to the oven for 10 minutes to brown.
Top Tip: Allow your loaf to cool completely before cutting. This will allow them to set and be less prone to breaking up.
Share this post
- Tags: Recipe